What is CodeSwitch?
v. The process of alternating between two or more languages or varieties of language in conversation.
At its heart, it is both a survival mechanism and a strategy to cultivate connection. CodeSwitching is used when a person's mother tongue isn't Standard American English, and she wants to articulate her ability to fit in within certain corporate environments. CodeSwitching is also used when you're talking to your best friend and want to communicate something that only your dialect can convey.
CodeSwitch Game celebrates the tradition and skill of translating one culture to another. It is a game for people who love the English language in all variations.
(Play how you want, but this is a suggestion)
1. Po' up, drank (optional).
2. Separate into Us v. Dem (Team) or a free for all (Individuals).
3. Each card has three clues and an answer. If you're playing Us v. Dem, the opposite team will choose a person to read each clue to your team. If you're playing free for all, choose a Consummate CodeSwitcher to read all of the cards to everyone else.
4. If a team or individual says the answer on the first clue they win three points. Second clue = two points, and last clue = one point. If you bust out singing the song on a LYRIC card, you get five on it.
5. Play first to 20 or most points in 30 minutes.
Contact Us - Share an idea! - Give Feedback. - Holla at Us!